This has been one of those go-go-go weeks without much time to sit and relax. I’ve been out running errands, fitting in exercise and play dates, doing “fall cleaning” throughout the house and writing blog posts. I took the kids to the park this morning and met up with a friend and her boys to walk. We got home just in time for lunch and then my youngest went down for his nap. I have been craving some chocolate lately (don’t we all get in those moods), so I decided to whip up a batch of yummy pumpkin cheesecake brownies and hopped in the shower while they were baking. Now I’m treating myself without wrecking my diet, because these brownies are low carb, gluten free and almost completely sugar free! SCORE! I learned a long time ago to take these moments to relax when you’ve got em, because who knows when you will get them again!
I also slipped into a comfy pair of jeans and my new $20 sweater from Target that is so cute and so cozy, and turned down my AC to enjoy it all. (You can’t beat me, mother nature!)….Maybe I got a little carried away there, but come on. It’s October 17th and still hitting 85 outside with 1000% humidity. Throw us a bone, here!
Anywho, eating a delicious fudgy brownie and sipping my pumpkin coffee was just the pick me up I needed this afternoon to keep tackling my to-do list! I will add the recipe below and also link up the original (keto approved) recipe. The sweater is linked under the photo!
Happy Hump Day friends, the end is in sight!
Gluten Free, Low Carb Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies
Pumpkin Cheesecake Layer
- 1 8oz block of cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Pyure sweetner
- 1 egg at room temp
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3tbs pumpkin puree
For Brownie Layer
- 10 tbs unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 cup Pyure sweetner
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Position rack to the lower third of your oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Make the pumpkin cheesecake layer first. Add cream cheese and pyure to bowl and beat until smooth. (I used my KitchenAid Mixer, but you can also use your handheld mixer as well!) Mix in the egg, vanilla extract, pumpkin spice and pumpkin puree in until fully combined, scraping down the bowl as needed. Set aside.
- In a separate heat safe bowl, Melt butter in microwave or over the stove, then slowly whisk in cocoa powder and pyure until well combined. Add in eggs one at a time then add in the coconut flour, stirring vigorously until well combined. It will be THICK! Add in 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips (this is where that little bit of sugar comes in).
- Pour 2/3 of the brownie mixture into your pan and spread with your hands to coat the bottom of the pan. It reminds me of a cookie crust on a pie.
- Pour over cheesecake layer and smooth out, then cobble in your remaining brownie batter and use a knife or toothpick to swirl it into the cheesecake layer.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Mine went the full 30 minutes. Pull out when outer edges are firm, but it still jiggles in the middle.
- Allow to cool completely in the pan, then put in the refrigerator to firm up. When ready, pull the parchment paper out of the pan and cut brownies into squares.
These are the gooiest, fudgiest, most delicious brownie recipe ever! They can be stored for 3 days in the fridge.